Do you want to take your career to new heights, and are you ready for an exciting journey of development?
Goldwind is a global leader in wind power, both onshore and offshore, with a growing backlog, both domestically and internationally, and significant investments in R&D. They are committed to promoting energy transformation to attain access to affordable, reliable, and sustainable energy for all and to drive a renewable future.
As their new Chief Floating Engineer, you will take a leading role in developing floating wind turbine technology and overseeing all aspects from conception to detailed design, manufacturing, and installation, testing and commissioning and finally to certification and commercialization.
Specializing in wind power, Goldwind leverage strong scientific research innovation and best business practices to take renewable energy utilization efficiency to new heights.
Working within Control and Loads in Goldwind Denmark, you will join an international team of very qualified engineers and work very closely with other disciplines such as control, aerodynamics, etc., providing you with a broad view of technical aspects around wind turbine design.
You'll be involved in a dynamic spectrum of responsibilities and tasks, including:
- Integrated analysis and design work for low-cost offshore floating wind turbines and future innovative concepts
- Research on low-cost, easy-to-install, easy-to-maintain floating structure and mooring system solutions and establishing design methods and processes for different design stages
- Research on innovative strength analysis methods of floating structure and evaluate the design differences against the traditional method
- Optimization of main dimensions and structural layout of floating platform
- Responsibility for wave tank test plan, model parameterization, wave tank testing, data analysis and data mining, design verification and optimization
- Integrated modelling and simulation of floating wind turbines in the concept and detailed design stages, as well as simulation load condition optimization
- Staying abreast of the latest advancements in floating wind turbine technology and incorporating innovative solutions to improve efficiency, reliability, and cost-effectiveness
- Knowledge accumulation and documentation of key floating platform/mooring technologies, design workflow
- Drive knowledge sharing, train new employees and contribute to team competency building
- Acting as key liaison and stakeholder management with third party partners
We expect you to hold a MSc or PhD within shipbuilding and marine engineering, hydrodynamics, offshore structures or similar.
Additionally, we envision that you have:
- More than 8 years of experience in the design of offshore floating structures and mooring systems, and preferably has led the design work of offshore floating structures
- Experience in offshore wind turbines and preferably will be given to those with basic design experience, and those familiar with integrated load simulation of offshore wind turbines
- Familiar with industry specifications and standards from DNV, ABS, API, ISO and other organizations
- Proven experience in software such as SESAM, Orcalex, and ANSYS or similar
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively and collaboratively in multi-disciplinary engineering teams both in speaking and writing
- Have a creative approach to new challenges and are result-oriented with focus on work
We prefer that you can be part of the headquarters in Aarhus, but this is not a requirement. It is expected that there will be approximately 10-15 days of travel per year.
Goldwind Denmark is currently a smaller unit with an entrepreneurial and embracing culture. We value and recognize every team member's contribution, creating a collaborative and supportive work environment that promotes innovation and creativity. Our passionate and dedicated team is here to make a positive difference in our industry and society every day. Come join us and be part of creating our collective sustainable future.
If you are interested and feel you are the right person for the job, do not hesitate to send a short application along with your resume. Temp-Team A/S is responsible for this recruitment and all inquiries must be directed to Temp-Team.
Temp-Team A/S is a national recruitment and temp agency with eight local branches in Denmark. We have more than 40 years of experience within staffing and covers a wide range of industries. We provide an excellent service of high quality and a close personal contact to our candidates and clients.
Temp-Team is a part of JuhlerGroup - an international group of recruitment agencies.